Does fertility coaching actually help you get pregnant? If you’re like me, you want to see the evidence. There is a lot of talk out there about how “fertility mindset” can help you conceive. But is their actual research to back that up?
You may be wondering if it’s a bunch of woo-woo hocus-pocus or if there is actual science to back up the claims. If you’re curious about this approach because something in you thinks it could help, but you’re also skeptical because it’s outside the scope of typical medical protocol, then this episode will assuage your concerns.
FERTILITY COACHING INCREASES PREGNANCY OUTCOMES
I’m bringing out the research from medical journals and explaining how findings suggest that women who participate in mind/body programs can be up to twice as likely to conceive as women who don’t.
That’s a pretty exciting fact! Join me today as we break all this down. And, after you listen o the show, check out the citations down below.
For fertility support, inspiration and community, follow me @badassfertility
Check out these published research articles on the power of mind/body to change your journey and your results.
- CITATIONS Clifton J, Parent J, Seehuus M, Worrall G, Forehand R, Domar A. An internet-based mind/body intervention to mitigate distress in women experiencing infertility: A randomized pilot trial. PLoS One. 2020 Mar 18;15(3):e0229379. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0229379. PMID: 32187236; PMCID: PMC7080396.
- Domar, A. et al. “Impact of a group Mind/Body Intervention on Pregnancy Rates in IVF Patients,” Fertility and Sterility, vol 75, no. 7: pp 2269 – 2273 (June 2011)
- Frederiksen Y, Farver-Vestergaard I, Skovgård NG, et al
- Efficacy of psychosocial interventions for psychological and pregnancy outcomes in infertile women and men: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- BMJ Open 2015;5:e006592. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2014-006592
- Rooney KL, Domar AD. The relationship between stress and infertility. Dialogues Clin Neurosci. 2018 Mar;20(1):41-47. doi: 10.31887/DCNS.2018.20.1/klrooney. PMID: 29946210; PMCID: PMC6016043.